The Human Resource Country Manager is the lead HR professional that enables the delivery of Human Resources services throughout our Canadian business operation which spans across the country with four targeted AT&T offices.
The HR Country Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with the country's labour laws and employment practices. The successful incumbent will manage the integration of HR strategies, policies, procedures and disciplines whilst balancing the needs of the business in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
Working as part of a Regional HR team that supports 14 countries throughout Canada and the Latin America region and more broadly in 55 countries worldwide. The Human Resource Country Manager plays a key part in ensuring the continued success of the HR team and organization as a whole.
Location for this role is based out of Downtown Toronto/Liberty Village with 2 day a week expectancy at our Thornhill office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Providing strategic HR guidance and leadership at a country level
• Managing a team of 3 HR Professionals
• Support and enable guidance to local and overseas managers on country specific HR matters
• Managing employee relations activities, ensuring AT&T’s compliance with employment legislation
• Acting as the country HR SME; leading various Business Unit driven HR initiatives, Projects and Mergers & Acquisition activities
• Working in partnership with the HR Business Partners to ensure the professional management and implementation of Change management programs
• In Country implementation of AT&T HR programs
• Driving consistency at the country level
• Interface to suppliers and partners
• Leading country specific employee communications as required
• Participating as a member of the C&LA HR Country Management team including input and involvement in wider International HR specific projects
• Raising awareness of HR country specific issues
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Fluent in English - both spoken and business written to an exceptional standard
• 7+ years experience gained within an HR function. Ability to demonstrate influence and impact at a managerial level
• In depth knowledge of in country labour legislation
• Experience managing a team of 3 or more
• Experienced in working and understanding the complexities of operating in an international environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Persuasive and resilient
• Pro-active and able to work with minimum supervision
• Self-confident, knowledgeable and pragmatic
• Able to find innovative solutions to difficult problems
• Change orientated and able to manage conflict resolution
• Good teamwork & team leader skills
• Raising awareness of any HR country specific issues
Education and Qualifications:
Degree or Diploma in Human Resources
Technology industry Knowledge considered a plus.
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.