SENIOR FULL STACK UI-UX DEVELOPER
Become a Quickplayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
Building front-end solution for AT&Ts next generation software defined streaming platform.
Roles and responsibilities
• Implement product UI features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Address product UI defects as identified by the Operations teams
• Provide peer code reviews with constructive feedback.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
Key competencies and Skills
•Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise grade software.
• Up to date knowledge of current Web UI best practices and usability concepts
• Expert level (or at least) strong working knowledge of current HTML/CSS
• Familiar with building websites for content management systems
• Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo DB, Couchbase or Cassandra)
• Previous Development Experience with Spring Boot & Spring Cloud
• Experience or exposure to Google Polymer
• Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Experience with application servers, web servers (Apache) and servlet containers such as Tomcat or Jetty
• Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper, etc…
• Proficient using UML
• Experience with Maven build systems and the ability to write, debug, maintain and extend Project Object Model (POM) with integration tools such as Jenkins
• Previous development experience using Java, REST Web Services, JSON, XML
• Experience with UI automated testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Karma, Protractor) considered a plus.
Education and qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.