Become a Quickplayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
This is a highly technical role – we are looking for someone with technical leadership that can work across multiple teams and domains. Focus will be on building next generation technologies within the streaming media domain. We deal with massive scale and huge micro-services platforms.
You will be embedded into multiple scrum teams, roving and demystifying technical approach and software architecture. You must have strong verbal and organizational skills, technical expertise and attention to detail are critical in this role.
We’ll be expecting you to find technical innovations and push them into foundry teams, building core technology components and providing technical product leadership.
Core technologies in this role – keep in mind you will be looking at emerging technologies constantly:
· Languages: Node.js, Java, Go, Python, C++
· Data: Couchbase, HBase, Graph Databases, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic Search, SPARK etc…
· Cloud: AWS EVERYTHING, Azure
· Machine Learning
· Experience on massively scaling technologies – think 100M+ users
· Future: everything
Some baseline requirements so you know what you are getting into:
- 1 year or more experience with Kubernetes
- Past experience with troubleshooting common operational issues
- Kubernetes Provisioning and Upgrades
- Experience with key AWS Services
- AutoScale Groups
- Security Groups
- Elastic File System
- Maven, Git
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Docker
- Java, Node Development
Education: University or College degree or practical equivalent in Computer or Software Engineering
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience as a SW architect, Dev Manager or Technology lead preferably within a media, social internet or games company with a large customer base.
- You can code, you will be coding – Pick a language, our core languages are Node.js and Java
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in technology
- Excellent understanding of key architecture & design considerations associated with complex applications in a distributed microservices & containerless cloud platforms
- Strong design intuition and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Code like a ninja
- Ability to work well in teams and with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Glass half full kind of person
- You have a sizeable portfolio of ‘difficult problems… solved’
- You like to move fast
- You like to make decisions
- You like to take calculated risks
- You will go outside of your scope if necessary to get something done.
- You are typically recognized as technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration and developing solutions efficiently that operate on multiple platforms.
- You like to scale things... like really scale them – our platforms have tens of millions of users.
- We like to learn
- We like to automate mundane tasks
- We like to make things visible, so others can understand them, challenge them, solve them
- We get things done
- We define internet scale
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- General office environment.
- Some travel between our Toronto and Los Angeles offices
- Conferences and Training
- Additional hours may be required to meet deadlines.