DEV OPS LEAD
Become a Quickplayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
We are seeking an energetic team member that has a passion for helping software teams build, package, release, and deploy excellent software to our customers. Our new team member will need to be knowledgeable in CI/CD methodologies and have enthusiasm to help promote a DevOps transition.
Roles and responsibilities
• Create technical work breakdown structures and task dependencies.
• Create a friendly, vibrant and cohesive development environment that fosters creativity while maintaining the discipline necessary to deliver quality features on time and on budget
• Build a team that demonstrates QuickPlay values and culture
• Mentor and motivate team members encouraging innovation and growth
• Guide the technical activities of the team to ensure that deadlines are met and the product roadmap is adhered to.
• Act as the technical liaison for Devops development activities.
• Providing leadership to the Devops team
• Exploring new tools and technologies to improve the infrastructure of CI/CD
Key competencies and Skills
• 5+ years working with SCM tools such as Git/SVN
• 5+ years working with Maven, ANT and Gradle
• 5+ years working with Jenkins and Jenkins setup (Adding new project and new jobs) for iOS, Android & Server
• 5+ years working with Nexus Artifact repository manager
• Configuring tools like SonarQube, HP Fortify for the POC projects and get it working with POC projects
• Experience in Chef , Docker or similar tools
• Knowledge of Rake, Ruby, Groovy and shell scripting
• Knowledge of Java/C++/Android/Objective C/Java Scripting languages
• Understanding of the software development cycle
• 5+ years working with Tomcat
• Knowledge of Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration processes and concepts
• Knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Chef/Puppet)
• Experience in configuring, administering and defining the workflows in he Atlassian Product suite
• Experience with cloud environments (Azure, Amazon, etc.)
• Experience in administrating major platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows)
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
Education and qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 6 years of professional work experience