JAVA SERVER DEVELOPER
Become a Quickplayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
Job requirement is primarily to be Java/JEE Hands on with capability to communicate upwards and Peer developers on all the Problem statements. This role is required to work with team of experienced Java developers leveraging Agile practices. Main Objective of this role is to work on Spring/ORM tools to build Web Services and Micro Services.
Roles and responsibilities
• Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Provide peer code reviews with constructive feedback.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to the team to improve performance and scalability.• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
• As needed, produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
Key competencies and Skills
• Education: Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing end-to-end enterprise grade software.
• Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
• Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Experience with application servers, web servers (Apache) and servlet containers such as Tomcat or Jetty
• Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper, etc…
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (GIT, Maven, Jenkins).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
Education and qualifications
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required