Become a Quickplayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
This position is based out of India location and handling End to End Dev Ops activities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design, develop, and support software for our cutting-edge automation framework.
- Develop automation pipelines to deliver software to public/private clouds and physical computing devices (STBs, TVs, mobile, and streaming devices).
- Invent new ways to improve software delivery speed and efficiency.
- Develop logistical software systems to promote micro services/applications to prod and non-prod environments.
- Develop standards for software development and delivery.
- Enforce quality standards through automation.
- Develop modules to integrate unit tests, code analyzers, security scans, software deployments, automated tests, and reports with our automation pipeline.
- Drive change and implement automation wherever possible.
- Host demo presentations of POCs and development progress to peers and management.
- Stay current with industry trends, technologies, and standards.
- Get kudos for a job well done!
Key competencies and Skills
- Minimum two years of experience with Java, Groovy, C++ or other object-oriented language.
- Minimum two years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.).
- Minimum two years of experience working with Jenkins or other CI orchestration software.
- Minimum two years of experience with distributed version control systems and knowledge of branching/merging strategies.
- Minimum two years of experience working with micro services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Solid understanding of software configuration management.
- Solid understanding of the technical practices, architectures, and cultural norms that underpin DevOps success.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing services (AWS, Azure) with experience writing automation for cloud platforms.
- Comfortable provisioning and administering Linux environments on premise and in the cloud.
- General understanding of communication protocols (HTTPS, SOAP, REST, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership, facilitation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work across functional lines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in English.
- Possess an “everything has a solution” mentality and fearless “go-getter” attitude.
- Ability to wear many hats and juggle many balls simultaneously.
- Play nice with others.
Education and qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field required.