We are looking for a dynamic team player to join our IT Operations team. Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations, this position is responsible for administering NAS/SAN storage.
- Participate in design and architecture phases of development and infrastructure projects. Ensure that the design conforms to high availability architecture of the production infrastructure.
- Support, maintain and continually improve SAN/NAS and virtualization infrastructure in a rapidly growing, geographically distributed environment.
- Lead and manage infrastructure projects and initiatives as assigned. Ensure the design and implementation of new or incremental infrastructure adheres to corporate high availability and security standards. Document and train other staff members on the operation of new infrastructure.
- Perform Tier 2 and 3 incident management on development and production environments. Assume ownership for production problems, work with other team members, developers, and third parties to identify and resolve root cause issues. Responsible for on call duty in rotating shift with other team members.
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in SAN/NAS design, build and administration with focus on Netapp storage appliances.
- 6+ years of experience in virtualization design, build and administration with focus on VMWare.
- Expert knowledge of SAN/NAS design, implementation, clustering, replication, high availability, multi-pathing and performance tuning
- Expert knowledge in backup/restore operations with focus on network storage appliances.
- Expert knowledge in virtualization design, implementation, troubleshooting, high availability, performance tuning and virtual development environments.
- Excellent analytical, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in an environment where a high level of initiative and self discipline are imperative for success.
- Experience in mentoring or leadership is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, College degree in an applicable program or equivalent.
QuickPlay Media is the leading provider of multiscreen managed services. Our end to end services provide all the technology and resources needed to deliver Video On Demand, Live TV and TV Everywhere to IP-connected devices.
It is QuickPlay Media’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. QuickPlay Media does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. QuickPlay Media also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.