The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: n Live TV n Video on Demand n Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Database Administrator is part of a team responsible for the installation, support and maintenance of a mission critical, customer-facing Oracle database infrastructure that spans multiple datacenters.
- Assist in the implementation of new customer facing SaaS products by contributing to the supporting database design, project planning, installation and configuration.
- Provide operational and troubleshooting support for 24/7 mission critical, customer-facing databases.
- Perform a variety of tasks associated to the Oracle infrastructure to support growth, performance improvement, and security initiatives.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures. Create, plan and test scenarios.
- Implement and enhance performance monitoring and continuously identify opportunities to perform database tuning.
- Maintain and improve documentation and monitoring of database infrastructure.
- Verify/Review project plans and scope of production upgrades, application releases and implementations.
- Create maintenance plans for releases and upgrades.
- Produce database automation and support scripts.
- Be part of on-call DBA team to support critical databases.
- Bachelors degree and/or 5 years experience in Oracle Database Administration in large production environments running Linux servers.
- Solid Experience with Oracle 10G and 11g RAC and Backup/Recovery using RMAN
- Very strong history of Oracle database troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Ability to self-initiate, prioritize and execute effectively in a dynamic work environment with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Customer focused and continually contributes to a positive work environment
- Oracle certification such as Administrator Certified Associate/Professional and additional knowledge and/or experience working with Hadoop are a plus
QuickPlay Media is the leading provider of multi-screen managed services. Our end-to-end services provide all the technology and resources needed to deliver Video On Demand, Live TV and TV Everywhere to IP-connected devices.