The Director of Product Marketing will lead a team of product marketers and will oversee the full range of outbound product and service management functions for QuickPlay, including market insight, competitive intelligence, positioning, messaging, and sales enablement. You will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of internal and external marketing activities for QuickPlay’s portfolio of products and services. Based on customer and market insights, you will mentor the Product Marketing managers in the crafting of the product and services offering messaging and core positioning as well as oversee the creation of innovative, effective go-to-market programs that drive revenue and grow usage. Your job will be to make Sales successful by partnering across the organization and with our partners to enable scalable sales capabilities and also personally help drive new business.
Working closely with Product Management, you will help define the product vision and translate technical capabilities into customer benefits. You will become the expert in the market and the competition and will lead the development visionary thought leadership platforms; as well as speak on behalf of QuickPlay to various external audiences.
Education: Bachelor’s in business, marketing, or engineering (MBA an asset)
Skills and Experience:
- 8-10 years of B2B tech product marketing experience
- Proven leadership and team-building track-record
- Experience in two of the following is key to success (B2B cloud or managed services, video, telco/MSO, software & related SI services)
- Passion for technology
- Solid analytical, quantitative, verbal and very strong written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Positive attitude, flexible nature, thriving in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A true team builder with the ability to also contribute personally with hands-on efforts.
- Planning - Develop and execute quarterly marketing plans to support the strategic plan.
- Thought Leadership – Set the direction for and lead the development and present compelling
- Positioning - Develop core product and services positioning and messaging that differentiates
- QuickPlay in the market.
- Product Roadmap - Partner with Product Management to identify product opportunities and
- build business plans. Market input into build/buy/partner decisions.
- Lead generation – work with Marcomm to develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand.
- Lifecycle - Provide input into the development and the execution of retention and account
- management programs.
- General office environment.
- Additional hours may be required to meet deadlines.
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.