Position: Java Server Developer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Become a QuickPlayer today and grow with us!
QuickPlay Media Inc. is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
In this role you will be:
- Produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
- Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
- Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
- Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
- Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
- Implement quick proof of concept applications to demonstrate feasibility of design and ideas.
- Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
- Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
- Collaborate and help junior developers in the development life cycle.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing end to end enterprise grade software.
- Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
- Experience with application servers, web servers (Apache) and servlet containers such as Tomcat or Jetty
- Experience using open source libraries and technologies such as Apache Solr, Zookeeper, etc…
- Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
- Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (GIT, Maven, Jenkins).
- Excellent understanding of key architecture & design considerations associated with complex applications in a distributed multi-tier cloud infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Spring.IO (Boot, Cloud)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
- Understanding or prior experience with mobile video transcoding, packaging, encryption and video players for iOS/Android/Web a plus
- Experience with AngularJS (BackBone and KnockOut are a benefit).
- Experience with scripting languages and libraries such as jQuery
- Familiarity with the technical details of commercial streaming mobile video offerings
- You have a sizeable portfolio of ‘Difficult problems… solved’
- You like to move fast
- You like to make decisions
- You like to take calculated risks
- We like to learn
- We like to work in small, rapid iterations
- We like to automate mundane tasks
- We like to make things visible so others can understand them, challenge them, solve them
- We get things done
- General office environment.
- Additional hours may be required to meet deadlines.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.