AEG is the world’s largest pay TV provider and the undisputed leader in sports programming. The Broadcast Software Engineering (BSE) – Data Architecture group provides the Big Data strategic directions to ingest, process and deliver Big Data. Our vision is to provide better business insights by analyzing data in our Big Data platform.
As a principal member of the software team you will hold a technical leadership role in the architecture, design and delivery of key software systems and features. Our culture strongly encourages ownership of projects and you will be expected to deliver complete, effective solutions. If you have a passion for building robust scalable systems, love developing solutions with cutting edge technologies, thrive on working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your work impact our customers, then we want to talk to you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the design and architecture of Big Data applications
• Design and develop components identified in our platform product [DAP]
• Utilize Java, distributed systems and big data technologies to develop high-performance, scalable systems and data pipelines for use within the AEG ’s web services systems
• Research new technologies and approaches for presenting key business insights by analyzing Big Data
• Proactively drive new approaches and techniques for the Big Data platform as well as propose improvements in software development practices, software quality, and software efficiencies
• Ability to test and prove concepts through rapid prototyping
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Strong experience with Hadoop, Hive, Hbase and related big data systems
• Extensive programming experience in Java, Python, R
• Advanced skills using one or more scripting languages (e.g. python, UNIX shell scripts)
• Extensive background developing on Linux systems
• Expert knowledge of agile development methodology
• Proven ability to lead teams both local and offsite
• Extensive experience with cloud hosted applications (i.e. Rackspace, AWS, Azure, HP)
• Experience with integrating open-source technology into large enterprise platforms
Education and Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science or related field with 5-7+ years of experience
• Ability to travel periodically as required
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.