Located at our Toronto office as part of our Platform Services department, this position is responsible for ensuring content deliverables for QuickPlay’s clients including all phases of planning and communication with Content Providers and Service Providers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversight over QuickPlay’s content deliverables across new and existing initiatives.
• On-boarding of new Content Providers and Service Providers onto our Media Processor platform.
• Co-ordinate and provide reports on status of projects on a regular and timely basis.
• Operate and maintain VOD (video on demand) workflows on the Media Processor platform.
• Ensure customer satisfaction with respect to content initiatives.
• Manage internal and customer expectations and communication with respect to content.
• Identify candidates for automation of media processing related tasks.
• Ensure close relationship to Service Providers and Content Providers and obtain regular forecasting.
• Ensure documentation and hand off to other support groups for post implementation procedures.
• Provide 2nd level on-call support for video related and ingestion issues.
• Work on special projects as needed.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• General knowledge of video and audio transcoding, codecs, and formats.
• 2 to 5 years of experience working in a technical role (development or quality assurance) in a software development environment.
• Experience working with XML and different metadata formats.
• Experience working with Content Providers and VOD (video on demand) content delivery methods.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communication across levels within an organization.
• Strong analytical skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and make decisions.
Degree or Diploma in Video Engineering, Information Technology or Equivalent work experience.
The way we consume media is on the verge of incredible change. In just a few short years, television and technology have converged, transforming how we consume our content. QuickPlay Media was created to help brands deliver video to IP connected devices. Today, we work with the largest media and technology companies creating breakthrough innovations for watching live TV and video-on-demand on IP-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and connected TV’s off our award winning OpenVideo Platform. Using grid architecture and the cloud, we handle all aspects of running multiscreen video services – from content acquisition to delivery and reporting. Our solutions include: Live TV Video on Demand Encoding as a Service.
Put Big Ideas Into Action
If you thrive on the excitement of new challenges and creating impacts through technology, we would like you to consider joining our team! You have unique skills and a drive to succeed – and we believe that QuickPlay Media provides the perfect opportunity to propel your career forward. Here at QuickPlay, we have a dedicated team of people who are passionate about innovation and the change that comes along with it. It is what enables us to put big ideas into action.